Are you facing problem in opening Google Play Store in your mobile device? Here is a step-by-step guide how you can open the Play Store as well as how to troubleshoot if any issue is there.
To open Google Play Store normally these are the steps you need to install.
- Turn on your mobile, and go to the menu bar. Here you will find the option Google Play Store if you have downloaded the Play Store before. Moreover, many mobiles come with the pre installed Play Store as well. If you have purchased a new mobile and play store is there you will find the Icons of the same in the menu bar itself. So, tap on the icon to open it.
- Once you will click on the option Google Play store in your menu bar, a new page will open with many options in display that you can download. Here, you can find free as well as paid app and games, which you can download. Downloading the apps and games from Google Play Store is easy. If you face any difficulty in doing that you can learn the process over the internet.
How to open Play Store when it is not responding?
If the Play Store present in your phone menu bar is not responding even after several trials, then it may be possible that the app has encountered some issues. The issue could be:
- The data pack in your phone is over or you do not have a proper internet connection in your phone. Play store is an application and it requires internet connection to get open.
- Check your internet connection and make sure that your device is well connected and then try again the same steps.
If the Play Store is not opening even when internet connectivity is there
If you have proper internet connectivity in your device and still the icon is not responding, then the other issue could be that space in your phone has been utilized completely. You have to clear the space for the application. To clear the space, follow these steps:
- Open your device and go to the settings page.
- Hover the option Google Play Store. You can scroll up and down the list to locate this option. Once you get it, click on it.
- When you will click on Google Play Store apps, a new page will open. With the option clear storage. Click on the icon to free up some space.
- In the clear storage option, you will get another option that is ‘clear cache’. Click on that to clear space in your device for the play store app.
- Open the menu plate of your device, and again click on the Google Play Store icon. Probably this time the app will open and you will able to explore the Play Store world.
In case the play store is still not opening, then try this step.
After clearing up the space on the device using the aforementioned steps, turn off your device.
Restart the phone and again click on the Play Store icon. This time the application will open.
In the case you are unable to open the application even after performing all these actions. Then it could be possible that Play Store you have downloaded does not support your phone. In this situation you need to download the new version of Play Store. For downloading play store version that support your phone, here are the steps.
- Step 1: Check if you have downloaded the latest version of Google Play Store in your phone. Check the version of your play store. To check that, open the setting page.
- Step 2: Find the option ‘Apps’ in the list and click on it to open. The list of apps you are having on your phone will open once you click on the app button.
- Step 3: Locate Google Play Store app and then click on it. On the top of the page, the device will show which version of the store you have in your phone. You can check with your device customer support team, whether the Play Store app you have in your phone is supported or not and which version you should install, if the current version is not supporting the device.
Download Play Store
Like any other Android app, the Google Play Store also comes in APK format. Thus, you need to download the store via APK. For this, follow these steps.
Enable source in the setting page
The android devices have a default setting option that does not allow the device to download application from any other source. For down application from any other source, the option needs to be enabled. For enabling this option, go to the setting page of your device and then look for the option ‘Allow the device to install app from different source”. You can find this option either in app setting or privacy setting page. If the option is not active, then make it active.
A pop up will appear in between that will warn you about the privacy and security of the application and device. Ignore that option and start the download process for the software.
Download Google Play Store APKs file. Here, it is important that you download the file only from a trusted source. You can check the Internet to find out sources from where you can download the APK file. If you will download the file from an untrustworthy source, then there are possibility that the file comes with some tempering. If you will download the tempered apk file, then it will be of no use for you. Download the file that is signed by the Google or from any trusted website that assure you will not get the tempered APK.
Now, you have come in the final stage of downloading the Google Play Store application. For this follow the following steps. Open your phone and open the browser you use. In the browser type Google Play Store APK.
You will get many options for Play Store application, check the latest one and click on the download button present at the front. Let the download process complete, and then install and run the application.Once the file is downloaded and installed in your device successfully. Close everything and navigate to the APK file. You may find it in the menu bar or in the download section in your mobile. If you are unable to locate it, there then, check your SD card as well.
Click on APK. Once you will tap on it, a pop-up box will open asking the permission, which app you want to install. If this comes then click on the option “Package Installer”. A new screen will open that you will ask permission changes and install button. Click on the install button. Once the installation is finished, you will find the latest Google Play Store icon in your menu tray.
Now, the latest version of Google Play Store is ready to use. Almost all the version of Play Store runs on Android phone comfortably. But, if your phone is too old, then only it won’t support the file.
While downloading the application, make sure that:
- You have good internet connectivity in your device.
- You are downloading the latest version of Google Play Store application.
- Do not interrupt the installation process by doing another activity on the phone.
- Do not take call while downloading the application as it may interrupt the process and again you have to follow the same steps from the beginning to download the application.
- Your phone is properly charged, so that your device does not get turned off while the application is in the process of downloading.
- Ensure that your internet speed is good; else it will take hours to complete the process. If possible use the Wi-Fi connection.
Once, the application is downloaded and installed in your device, turn off your phone. Then, turn it on and click on the Google play store option. This will ensure smooth running of the app.