Android devices are popular these days and there are many manufacturers for the same. Some of the popular ones are Samsung, HTC, LG and Motorola. Usually these phones come with installed Google Play Store, but some are also available that does not come with it. In that case, the user needs to install the application on the phone on their own.
However, installing the application on the phone is not as simple as installing any other application. For installing Google Play Store, some changes need to be done in the phone setting and some files are also needed to be installed in the successful running of the Google Play Store application. Here is the step by step guide for the same. We are sharing two methods using which you can download the play store in your phone.
Make the phone ready for installing Google Play Store application.
- Turn on the phone and open the setting page.
- In the settings page, hover for privacy option or application setting option.
- In the privacy category or the application setting category you will find the options “allow device to install application from other sources”. This option remains active in almost all Android devices by default. Google has done this in order to protect the device from downloading unwanted stuffs. For installing any application from different platforms; you need to turn on this option. Uncheck the button and then save the setting.
Now your phone is ready to install the application.
Download the supported APK file.
Google Play Store is the Android based application and for downloading any Android application, supported APK file is required. So, for downloading free Google play store application in Android device, you need to first install the APK file for Play Store. To do this, here are the steps:
- Step 1: Open the phone and click on the phone browser. You can use any browser present in your phone. We are using the Chrome browser here.
- Step 2: In the browser, type Google Play Store APK. You need to be careful in downloading the APK file, because many platforms that offers free APK file, provides the tempered files. Therefore, either you down free APK files from a trusted source or from Google. There are many bloggers and text support sites present that give the option of downloading original Google signed APK file for free. You can check these options over the internet.
- Step 3: When you will type Google Play Store APK in the browser, a list of options will open with different versions of APK. Choose the source which you find the most reliable.
- Step 4: Click on the download button to start downloading, and then click on this install button to install file on the phone.
- Step 5: If you know how to save the file at desired location in your Android device, then you can save it at the location which you can recall easily. And if you are unable to save it in your desired location, then let it get saved on its own.
- Step 6: Once the installation process is complete you can find the apk file location. Usually all downloaded files are saved in the phone’s menu tray, so you can navigate your file in the menu. If it is not there, you can also check your download folder as well as the SD card to find the folder.
- Step 7: Now locate the Google Play APK file in your phone and once you are there, click on it to install it.
- Step 8: Let the file get installed in the phone completely. Do not disturb the download process by doing any other activity on the phone, or taking any call. The device many takes a few minutes to install the file. And once it is done, you will receive a notification that Google Play Store is successfully installed.
Now, the play store in your device is ready use. But, before opening it and start downloading the files, turn off the phone. This will let the device to save all changes made. Then, turn on the device and open the play store for downloading games and apps.
Download the Play Store using the computer method
In case you do not have the internet or Wi-Fi connection on your mobile device, then you can download the application on your desktop, and then move it on your mobile. Here is a step-by-step guide how you can download Google Play Store in mobile through the desktop.
- Step 1
If you have enabled the option “Allow the device to download application from other sources” in your desktop, then the first step is disabling this option. In case you have not activated it, then it is completely fine and you can proceed to the next step.
- Step 2
Open the browser of your computer or laptop, and type Google Play Store APK there. We are using here the Google Chrome browser. Type the Google Play Store APK and press enter. A fresh page will open with many options of APK files to download.
- Step 3
Before downloading the file, check your mobile compatibility with the file you are downloading. You can also talk to the customer support service of your mobile device to know which version of Google Play Store will work on your phone. This will help you in downloading the right file. You can also Google this information. The internet can also help you in this situation.
Google regularly launches the updated version of Play Store at a regular interval of time. Usually all versions of play store run on the Android device successfully, unless the Android version is too old. However, when you are downloading a fresh application, then it is best that you download the latest version of that application.
So, check all the versions and select the latest one. Now, click on the download button present in front of the application.
- Step 4
You may receive notification in between. Ignore all and continue downloading the App.
- Step 5
Once the download is complete, save the downloaded file at the desired location on your desktop.
- Step 6
Now, connect your mobile to your desktop/laptop and take the APK file on your phone.
- Step 7
Click on the file and launch it. Once the application is installed in the phone, the Google Play Store is ready for use.
For downloading the Google Play Store apk file on your phone, you need to take following precautions.
- Do not interrupt the downloading process by opening any other application on your phone or attended any call. This is because, once the process is interrupted, you will have to start from the very first step.
- Do not interrupt the internet connectivity while the downloading process is going on. Google Play Store APK is also an App and you need the internet connectivity to download it.
- When you are transferring the APK file on your mobile device from the desktop, make sure that your mobile phone has enough battery and it will not get turned off in between.
Troubleshoot process when Google Play Store does not work even after its successful download
If the play store is not working even after you have downloaded it successfully.
- In this case make sure that Wi-Fi/internet connection on your mobile device is there. For running application as well, you need internet connectivity.
- Check if you have enough space for Google Play Store application to install and run. To do this, open the setting page of your phone and locate the Google Play Store App. Click on the app to open it. On the new screen you see the option to clear cache. Click on that to create space for the app.
- If the app is still not opening, call to your mobile device customer support service and talk to them about the version of Play Store you have downloaded on your phone. If you have missed the steps mentioned about which is with regards to checking the phone compatibility with Google Play Store version, then this step will help you in troubleshooting this issue.
- If the app still doesn’t work, then turn off your device, restart it and then try to open the app.