Google Play store has several features to offer and acts as the main interface for Android devices to source and download apps of different kinds, whether they are paid or free. As you might want to download and use the apps offered by Google Play Store on your PC, here are steps mentioned as to how you can go about it. There is different emulator software available which can be downloaded on PCs to download Google Play Store.
Download Google Play Store on PC by BlueStacks
This is a popular and dependable emulator program that helps to create the right environment for Google Play to be downloaded on your PC.
- You need to search for BlueStacks which is offered as a free program different download site. At the time of choosing to download BlueStacks ensure that the application would be compatible with the operating system of your PC. Choose to download the program from a safe and reputed download source and then choose the folder where you wish to save the downloaded file.
- Once the download has been completed, run the extraction program. Save the program in a suitable location and then open the BlueStacks Android Emulator. Here you will be prompted to key in your Google account login details.
- Once the login steps have been completed, you will find the option to browse for different applications. Once you find the application on BlueStacks you can click on Install and the app will be installed on BlueStacks on your PC.
- BlueStacks will help you explore all the different categories on Google Play Store. You can log onto the platform and on Google Play Store to browse through the different applications. You can browse them as per category or use the search function to find the app of your choice.
- Any app that you select to download on Google Play Store would be compatible to run on Android devices. Though they will run on BlueStacks but the features and functions of all apps might not be optimized to run on your PC.
Download Google Play Store on PC by Android
Besides the popular emulator program called BlueStacks you can also install a similar program called Android Emulator, which will help you get Google Play Store on your laptop or PC. This is a similar emulator program for Android apps for running on the PC and has several beneficial features to offer as well.
- Step 1: Log on to the internet using your web browser. Look for an Android emulator program on reliable download sites. Once you find a reliable download source, you can choose to download the program onto your PC. Ensure that the version you choose to download is compatible with your PC’s operating system.
- Step 2: Once the emulator program is downloaded you are free to use it on your laptop or PC. Run the installation program and then open the program on your PC. The kind of downloads that it supports would be showcased on the platform. These include Google Play Store as well.
- Step 3: Locate Google Play Store app and download it through Android. In order to use Google Play Store on this platform, you need to log on using a Google account. This needs to be done in order to access apps on this platform.
- Step 4: Once you have logged onto Google Play Store the different app categories will open up. These can be both paid and free apps. Once the apps you find here are of your liking, you can click on an app to download the same. Every app on Google Play Store is rated and reviewed as well as check to ensure that they are free of malware. Hence it is safe to download the apps from Google Play Store for running on your PC.
- Step 5: The apps that are downloaded from Google Play Store on Android emulator will run on your PC as they are intended to work for tablets or mobiles. Hence, you might not find the apps to run optimally as they would on your mobile device, but you will be able to enjoy the different features of the apps.
Using Nox App Player to download Google Play store on a PC
Among the different emulator programs that are available for running Android apps on your PC, the Nox App Player is also one option. This is one of the dependable emulator programs you can look for when you wish to download Google Play Store and find different Android applications to download and run on your PC.
- The first step comprises of seeking out the Nox App Player to download on your PC. Find a dependable site from where you can download this emulator program. Once you have located the same, you can then choose to download the file in a selected location on your PC.
- Once the file has been downloaded, run the extraction program. This will get the program installed and running on your PC. The Nox App Player emulator program would create the base on which you can download and run the Google Play Store app. This acts as a gateway for downloading and running different Android apps. Since your laptop does not support the Android OS, you simply need an emulator program that would run Android applications for your PC or laptop.
- Google Play Store can be accessed through a Google account. If you already have a Google account such as Gmail account, you can use the same login credentials to log onto Google Play Store. This will help in accessing the app and open up all the different categories that are available for download. These comprise of free as well as paid app categories.
- When you wish to download apps from any of the categories from Google Play Store, you can browse the popular or latest sections as well as check out the apps as listed in the different categories. The apps are reviewed and described which helps one to understand what to expect from the apps. Once the apps are reviewed, you can then download the same, whether for free or for fees. It is possible to link a payment method to your Google account so that payment is deducted from the account when you wish to download an app.
- Once the apps are downloaded on Google Play Store on your PC, they will play via the emulator program. Remember that these apps are designed to work for Android OS. Hence the features and resolution of the apps might not be compatible for your PC and not work optimally. However, you would be able to enjoy the apps and their features and functions mostly and it opens up a world of apps for you to access through this Android marketplace that is otherwise not found through any other OS.
Benefits of Google Play Store apps for PC
There are plenty of features that Google Play store offers that make it the best app to have in order to access a world of applications. These comprise of apps of the entertainment world, from games, movies, music and much more. There are educational apps to access. The world of free apps is also large on this platform that enables people to find apps of their choice, whether they are utility apps like shopping, health monitoring apps, cab booking or hotel booking apps and so forth.
Apps through Google Play Store for your PC can have several advantages. As PC interfaces are larger, you will enjoy apps much more than on the smaller screens of smart phones and tablets. For those who have problem accessing and reading the text on small screens of their favorite apps can use and enjoy them better on this platform. Google Play Store offers a wide variety of apps that are hard to find through any other equivalent marketplace for apps through a computer’s web browser.
Points to remember
Even if you do get the apps on Google Play Store through the emulator program on your PC, remember that these apps will not work as well as they would for a given tablet or smart phone. Hence it would be a case of trials and errors that would lead to you finding the apps that work well on your PC through the emulator program.