Google Play store comes as a free application for Android OS based devices. There are ways to get this Android marketplace app on different OS based devices as well. Most Android smart phones and tablets come with this app pre loaded on them. In case you wish to download the app for free on your device, here are the steps to follow.
Download Play Store on your Android smart phone
If you wish to have Google Play Store downloaded on your smart phone, here are the steps to follow.
- Step 1: Log on to your mobile web browser after putting on your data connection or Wi-Fi. Open up Google website and search for Google Play Store app for free download. This will showcase several results. Search for forums through which Google Play Store can be found in the kind of device you own. Check the version and compatibility of the app before you choose a download source.
- Step 2: Allow the download to be completed. As the file is a lightweight application, it would take mere seconds to download. Once the download is complete you can click on the program to complete the installation. Once the application is successfully installed on your device, you need to log on to a Google account to access the Play Store apps.
- Step 3: Begin by logging into your Google account. Enter the same login credentials as you would to access your Google account on any other interface. Once the login details are verified, you can then choose the option to stay logged in. This aspect will save you the need to enter your login details every time. Once you have logged in, you can access the different apps available on Google Play Store.
Download Play Store on your Android tablet
The steps to follow for downloading apps on your Android tablet are as follows:
- Log onto the web browser that is pre loaded on your Android tablet. Ensure that internet connectivity is on via data connection or Wi-Fi. Once you log on, you can browse the internet and find Google Play Store app for free that is compatible for your speck tablet OS. Check these details before you select a download source. It should also be a safe site to make a free download from.
- Once the download has started, it would take a few seconds to complete. Check the download status of your device and once it is completed, you can click on the program to install the same. Upon successful installation of the program, you can then proceed to log on and explore Google Play Store on your tablet.
Download Google Play Store on your PC
This is another way to enjoy the different Android apps found in Google Play Store. However, as Google Play store is an Android application, it would not directly download on your PC. You need to have an emulator program downloaded first on which Google Play Store can download and play on your PC.
- Step 1
Search for emulator programs like Bluestack, Andyroid or Nox App Player, which are reputed to be emulator programs that work for PCs. Check reviews of these programs and how they function before you download. Look for reputed and reliable sites from where you can download such an emulator program.
- Step 2
Once you have chosen an emulator program to download, wait for the download to complete. Once download is completed, you can then choose to extract the file. Once installation is complete, your emulator program is set up successfully. You can then start to use the emulator program to download Google Play Store on your PC.
- Step 3
Log onto the emulator program and use the search option to look for Google Play Store. It would be listed as a free application. Click to enable the download. Once Google Play Store is successfully downloaded, you can then start to use it. You can begin by logging onto your account. You need to have a Google account in order to access Google Play Store. Once you log in successfully, you can then access the different apps listed on Google Play Store.
Other ways of installing Google Play Store on your Android device
Google Play Store can be installed in different ways on your Android device, whether it is a smart phone or a tablet.
- Even if you have Google Play Store on your mobile device, it might be outdated and you might want to update it. You need to check the current version of the app on your device. In order to do so, log on and check the version number in the settings section. This can be found inside the app. You might want to download the latest version that will be compatible with your device.
- Log on to your web browser on your mobile device. Here you can search for the latest version of Google Play Store as would work for the OS on your Android device. In order to know the details, type in the OS type and your device details to find the latest compatible version of Google Play for your device.
- Once you have found the latest version of Google Play Store that works with your device, you can then search for a reliable site to download it from. This will enable you to find the right download source and download the Google Play store app. It is found as a free apk file, as other Android application files.
- Before you choose to download the file, you need to make changes in the security settings of your device. Log onto the security section and choose to enable download from Unknown Sources. Once this option is enabled, it will allow downloads to take place from any site you wish to download the file from. However ensure that the download that you do happens from a trusted source so that no viruses or malware come into your device through the download.
- Once the download is completed, you can use a file manager to install the application. The ES File Explorer is one of the several applications that come in handy when you wish to download and install a file on your mobile device. Open the file browser and find the location of your Google Play Store apk. A recommended place to keep the apk file would be the Downloads folder in the SD card slot.
- Once the apk file is located, you need to install the program. You would be prompted to provide certain permissions; check on the required boxes to proceed. Once the installation is done, you will be able to open Google Play store and use it on your device.
- Google Play Store can also be downloaded and installed on your smart phone or tablet by using the internet connection on your laptop. Log onto the web browser on your PC; once you have logged on, you can find a reliable source for downloading Google Play store of the right version compatible with your phone or tablet. Once that is found, you can download the software and save the apk file in a known location.
- Use a USB connecting cable to link your laptop or PC to your phone or tablet. Once this is done, then you can transfer the apk file of Google Play Store onto your phone or tablet. This will enable you to get Google Play Store onto your mobile device without using the data connection on your smart phone or tablet.
Other mobile devices
In case of other mobile devices that are non Android based, you need to root the systems or download emulator programs if you wish to run Google Play store on them.
Keep your downloads secure
Once you have downloaded Google Play Store for free on your smart phone or tablet, it is best to click off the option of downloads being enabled from unknown sources. This will help prevent downloads from happening automatically from malicious sites which often occurs.
Once you have downloaded Google Play Store for free, it becomes the gateway for downloading different applications on your device. These range from free to paid applications of different categories like entertainment, education and others. Keep Google Play Store updated so that new fixes work for your device as well as old bugs are fixed. All these tips will help you get the most out of Google Play store.